Cancer is a disease that affects a person's emotional state and affects his or her physical well-being. It's a disease that leaves one in three people in pain even after the treatment is done. It’s a disease that tests the patient's endurance to the most extreme degree before letting him go.
Nausea and vomiting, weight loss, fatigue, peripheral neuropathy, and delirium are some of the primarily seen accompaniments of cancer treatments. It suffices to say that as the disease, its treatment also takes a toll on the mind and the body. Chemotherapy, radiation, hormone therapy, or immunotherapy, being the conventional treatment options, have effectively brought many patients into remission. Still, they are aggressive treatments that diminish the patient’s strength with each dose, massively impacting his quality of life.
A cancer patient needs the traditional tools to defeat the disease, but he also needs adequate support to effectively go through with them without losing too much of himself.
This is where Integrative Cancer Treatment comes into the picture. It combines the effectiveness of conventional means of treating cancer with complementary medicine to manage cancer symptoms and the side effects of the standard treatment. Integrative medicine is a double-layer care mechanism that provides the best outcome for the patient. It helps him combat the deadly disease with enough strength to have more than a semblance of normalcy in his daily life. Medication, nutrition, and acupuncture are some examples of complementary therapies that work wondrously well after a round of chemotherapy or radiation.
How Integrative Cancer Therapies Help Cancer Patients?
Integrative Cancer Therapies are best known for improving the quality of life of cancer patients undergoing standard treatments. Not being able to dictate the terms on which the patient lives his everyday life is daunting, cancer takes away that control, and integrative care gives it control back to the patient.
The goal is to enable the patient to handle and overcome the side effects accompanying cancer and the conventional therapies used to treat it, making the patient feel better, boosting his overall well-being, and speeding up the healing process.
The treatment therapies in integrative care are more than just a few lifestyle changes.
- With acupuncture, the patient gets relief from pain, hot flashes, and even nausea and vomiting post-chemotherapy.
- By opting for aromatherapy and fragrant oils, a huge impact is made on the patient's mood and a positive outlook is created for his current situation. The patient can overcome stress, anxiety, and depression with regular practice.
- Yoga and mediation help exert both the mind and the body to help alleviate stress and overcome fatigue and insomnia.
- Working the entire body with massage therapy creates a state of complete relaxation, which is a reprieve all cancer patients should get.
- Malnourishment is a side effect almost all cancer patients experience. With nutrition therapy, the patient maintains the required calorie intake giving his body the strength to fight the disease.
- Dietary supplements, both herbal and non-herbal, give the body the additional nutrition to boost the immune system that’s being weakened by chemo and radiation.
- Spiritual support is also a part of integrative oncology. Overcoming the spiritual and emotional challenges associated with the disease is crucial before winning the physical combat.
And it's not just the patient who is included in the integrative care but also his family. The primary support he needs while combating cancer comes from his family, and integrative medicine enables family members to provide him with the holistic care he deserves.
Why Choose Integrative Therapeutics For Support?
Integrative Therapeutics understands the importance of holistic care in treating cancer. There is a need to consider factors outside of symptoms and medical conditions. Age, genetics, lifestyle, and the entire emotional and physical well-being of a patient are crucial in determining the success of treatments.
Our take on Integrative Oncology encompasses the same notion. We recommend our patients supplements that provide them with the nourishment they need to fight the invading pathogens. As a cancer consultant, our program also considers the patient’s specific tumor to offer customized treatments. Unlike conventional medicine opting for one universal therapy through rigorous chemo or radiation, the scope of integrative medicine is vast and more patient-centric and focused on helping them heal faster.